Thursday, September 11, 2008

Happy, Sad and tired

Well it's been such an emotional and tiring week here! Taylah had her op last Thursday and yes it was hard, and yes I did cry when she went under, she faught like a little trouper on the operating table. She came out of the anaesthetic really well, quiet as a mouse a few silent tears and then slept for an hour and woke up asking:" when do we go home?" She got up and ate straight away and has really been fine. She has had good days and bad days with the stuffiness and snoring, but they say it takes about 3 weeks to recover and notice the change. I can't wait for that day cause at the moment she doesn't sound any better and you start wondering! Thanks you everyone who have left messages on my blog for your words of encouragement, it's nice to hear your comments. And always nice to know that others have been there.
Dave has been away on a camping trip since last Saturday and we are on the count down now until he comes home. I hate the nights, and haven't been getting a wink of sleep. My two little angels have been bunking in with me and Taylah is so restless in her sleep, all over the place. Jack wakes up too early even after a late night, it's testing. Really I am just feeling sorry for myself at the moment because it's only a taste of things to come as in few weeks, Dave will be going to Townsville to work and will only come home on weekends. NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT AT ALL. If Taylah wasn't in school, we would all go, but we will just play it by ear until Xmas if it's any longer,we'll sort something out. On a good note, I have some wonderful new neighbours who have been just wonderful while he's been away. Taylah is in school with one of their boys and they are such a lovely family!
Now I will go and find something I have created to leave with this post! Bye,


helenj said...

sounds like you are having a special time lovie!
Things will hopefully settle down soon for you
glad everything went well with your baby
its scarey isnt it?
she will feel so much better soon

ring me if you need a visit!!!!!!

Kay Bratt said...

I remember the day they put my 3-yr-old under..she was in my arms and they gave her the shot. They didn't warn me she would flop over like a baby doll! I just about dropped her--scared me too death. I know how you were feeling!


Deanne Stewart-Mills said...

Glad your little girl's op went ok. It is very scary when they go under.
Hope she comes good quickly.
Love the photos and the cute little baby birds are lovely.

Shimano (aka Christine) said...

Glad the op went well. Love the pics and your LO. :-)

Narelle said...

Big Hugs- I know that horrible feeling when they go under the anesthetic! My DD decided her Dad should go with her this time into the operating theatre! (and I found that harder than being there!)

Liss said...

Sounds like a bit of a tough and busy time for you at the moment. I am glad the op went well and it is all over. Hopefully her snoring settles down. My daughter had an eye op a few years ago and I know it was dis - hearting to see her squint return after the operation but it was still an improvement for before the op. I know it’s not easy coping on your own at times take it from a single mum.

nice shots... When are you off to Tassie in all this commotion going on?

Shan said...

Glad to hear the op went well, sounds like she was a total legend!!!
I hate when my DH travels too...I hear EVERY noise in the house and do not sleep at all.
Hope things are all on the up for you now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...