Friday, October 11, 2013

Playing along with Jot Magazine!!

Mood Board 10- Jot Magazine challenge
Ok, so I discovered this cool online magazine a little while ago, probably via Instagram or Pinterest!! Have been keeping my eye on it, it's fabulous and run by the talented Kim Archer! We moved house again!!!! at the weekend and I was feeling like some much needed Scrap therapy. The mood board challenge was perfect, and totally outside my comfort zone using green???? My daughter performed with her school in THE BEAT, at the Darwin Entertainment Centre recently, and I was disappointed to find out I couldn't take any pics inside. I was so glad when I found some selfies on her Ipad, she took before each performance! She danced when she was very young and has had a few years off, she looked so gorgeous and graceful on the stage, and so grown up, (10 yrs now), I had to record the memory.
So here's the mood board:
 http://files.jotmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/SMALLJOTMOODBOARDTEMPLATERED.jpg

And here's my take on the sketch:

I really love the way it turned out, especially the bright pop of yellow with the Heidi Swapp colour pop papers. I also used these products:
Kaiser base coat paper, pearls and blooms
American Crafts papers , Dear Lizzy brads & Amy Tangerine die cuts & alpha stickers
Simple Stories PL cards
Kaszazz_ oatmeal cardstock & gesso, Ezy press and lace border die
Prima alphas
Heidi Swapp Buzz words
I saw a hint on Pinterest recently using white paint or gesso and a pencil with an eraser on  the end to paint dots, so that is what I did on my oatmeal banners!!

TFL, and thanks for a great challenge Jot girls!!!!

4 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

You've moved AGAIN... Oh, my, I could not live your life!!!! I think this is my FAVEST ever page ...the colours...& Jot is pretty cool!!!!! Just really eye candy-ish:):):)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous take on this challenge, love the yellow and the fab photo!

Anna said...

Great layout! And yes I DO love those dots :-) Thanks for entering the challenge at Jot!

Unknown said...

Love the bright colours and dots... love!
Thanks for playing along with the Jot Mood Board challenge :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...