Monday, March 17, 2014

Getting painty and inky over the weekend!!!

Well, I needed a project, (never mind the 5 or so UFO's I have sitting around waiting to be finished!!!) So I set of in blogland to find some inspiration. I had an idea to create a mini tag book full of inspirational words to live by. The idea to look at a word a day and bring that word into my life!!! I so need it right now!
As you will see here, I have used mainly Tim Holtz Distress products, loving the paints by the way!!
I began by using my Aquarell water colour crayons to give the tags a watercolour, soft background! Then got out the Distress inks and stamps and stencils to decorate. The reverse sides of the tags got a little brighter as I used Distress inks and paints for the backgrounds.


I handwrote the words in black crayon and went over them with a water brush!. Stay tuned for the finished book and the challenge it refers to!!! TFL :)



2 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

Looks like great , artsy fun!!! Good on you for doing something 'positive' for you:):)

Lizzy Hill said...

Now, I'm not sure, but this LO really, really attracts me - maybe it's those BRILL film overlays...betcha end up buying even more!!! The colours are lovely - those big banners looks great & I really like how you've inked the edges of those hearts...& the washi! I spy the washi...anyways....I've stared at it long enough - & of course, your PL looks fabulous:):)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...