Monday, March 30, 2015

Challenge Day for me....ANOTHER FREAKING SCRAPPY CHALLENGE!!!

Well, what a cool name for a challenge site!!! Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge has a different take on challenges, and one I like, not too demanding or stessful this month, Just CREATE WITH THE COLOUR BLUE, or CREATE ABOUT SOMETHING THAT MAKES/MADE YOU BLUE.
So Blue it was, and funnily enough, I now have a few projects on the go using the colour blue!!!
Here's my entry:












It's a Mixed media Art Journal page, created with tons of stuff. After priming my pages with Gesso,  I started by slapping some paint onto my acrylic block and then stamping it onto my pages, which created some uneven gaps. In the gaps, I used some Gelatos, (thanks to my friend Vicki at Scrap matrix!!!), and loved playing with these by the way, great for blending some added colour highlighs. I then went a bit stencil crazy with the stars and a beautiful flourish. I then used some Kaszazz and Kaiser stamps with black acrylic paint and Staz On, The middle of the dream catcher started as a stencilled image, then I added a bit of black texta and filled in the outsied edge with some black lace!! Wowza, another item I've used that's been in my stash forever!! In the middle of the dream catcher I used some micro beads, clear gesso, which for some reason didn't dry clear, so I added some Perfect Pears over the top!!! The feathers were also a much held onto item in my stash!! And the beads are from a much loved broken necklace!!! Very happy to have used up some stuff! TFL!

2 comments:

Dolly B said...

Thank you for sharing at AFSC with your vibrant, beautiful page. Love how you have the dream catcher . Hope you share your work with us again
Mary

Anne Pennington said...

Tania - I LOVE this page - and the techniques you used to add texture. So glad you played along with Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge, and hope we see you and your work here again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...